Current COVID-19 Guidelines
The Greensburg Hempfield Area Library (GHAL) and the Youngwood Area Public Library (YAPL) are very happy to announce that
we will be opening for in-house services beginning August 3. The Library Staff is excited to welcome you back!
What you need to know and what we are doing to keep you, the staff, and the community of library users safe:
- At the Greensburg Hempfield Area Library, you are welcome to browse the library collections on the first level. The Children’s Department at GHAL will remain closed for browsing, but Library Staff has pulled some children’s titles for you to browse on the first floor, and Library Staff will be happy to retrieve other books from the Children’s Department for you. At the Youngwood Area Public Library, you are welcome to browse all library collections. Please keep your visit to 15 minutes or less.
- Face coverings are required for admittance to the Library. Those who cannot wear a face covering may take advantage of curbside pickup services and online services and resources.
- At this time, restrictions on the number of people permitted in the building at one time will be in place.
- You may continue to use contactless curbside pickup. Library Staff will call you to schedule a convenient time for you to pick up your library materials curbside or to let you know that you have materials to pick up during in-house hours of operation.
- You will be permitted to use the public computers and free Wi-Fi by reservation. Please call the Library to set up an appointment. There will be a limited number of computers available to maintain social distancing. Time limits on computers will be in place.
- Computers will be sanitized between uses and high touch surface areas will be cleaned frequently.
- Some high-touch shared items are not available at this time including tables, chairs, newspapers, and magazines.
- Please continue to return all library materials, including books, DVDs, Books on CD, and Launchpads in the outside Library Book Drops, which are open 24/7. Returns cannot be accepted inside the Library.
- Returned items will continue to be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in. Do not worry if you still see returned items on your account. All late fees will be waived.
- Due to necessary quarantining, items borrowed from other libraries will be delayed.
- At this time, all programs and events will remain virtual. Please see the online events calendar on the Library’s website www.ghal.org for a listing of upcoming programs and to register.
Greensburg Hempfield Area Library
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Thursday: 2:00 – 6:00 PM
*Please use the Third Street door.
GHAL Curbside Pickup Hours by appointment:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Youngwood Area Public Library
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Thursday: 3:00 – 7:00 PM
YAPL Curbside Pickup Hours by appointment:
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 12 PM – 2:00 PM
If you have any questions or concerns, please call GHAL at 724-837-5620 or YAPL at 724-925-9350. The Library Staff appreciates you observing the new guidelines and practices and looks forward to seeing you! Thank you for your cooperation and patience.