Current COVID-19 Guidelines
The Greensburg Hempfield Area Library (GHAL) and the Youngwood Area Public Library (YAPL)
are happy to announce we are fully open.
What you need to know and what we are doing to keep you, the staff, and the community of library users safe:
- At the Greensburg Hempfield Area Library, you are welcome to browse the library collections on the first and second levels. The Children’s Department at GHAL is open. At the Youngwood Area Public Library, you are welcome to browse all library collections.
- Face coverings are optional, but highly recommended. Those who are not comfortable entering the Library may take advantage of curbside pickup services and online services and resources.
- At this time, restrictions on the number of people permitted in the building at one time will be in place.
- You may continue to use contactless curbside pickup. Library Staff will call you to schedule a convenient time for you to pick up your library materials curbside or to let you know that you have materials to pick up during in-house hours of operation.
- You will be permitted to use the public computers and free Wi-Fi. There will be a limited number of computers available to maintain social distancing. Time limits on computers will be in place.
- Computers will be sanitized between uses and high touch surface areas will be cleaned frequently.
- Please continue to return fragile library materials, including audiobooks, DVDs, Books on CD, Launchpads and Wonderbooks inside the Library at the circulation desk. Traditional books may be dropped in the book return bins outside, which are open 24/7. An inside book return also is available.
- All late fees will be waived.
- Due to limited staff, items borrowed from other libraries may be delayed.
- Please see the online events calendar on the Library’s website www.ghal.org for a listing of upcoming programs and to register.
Greensburg Hempfield Area Library
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00AM – 5:00 PM
Friday and Sunday: Closed
GHAL Curbside Pickup Hours by appointment:
Call 724-837-5620 to schedule.
Youngwood Area Public Library
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 11:00AM – 6:00 PM
YAPL Curbside Pickup Hours by appointment:
Call 724-925-9350 to schedule.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call GHAL at 724-837-5620 or YAPL at 724-925-9350. The Library Staff appreciates you observing the new guidelines and practices and looks forward to seeing you! Thank you for your cooperation and patience.