How to Get a Library Card
The Basics to Obtaining A Library Card
Anyone in Westmoreland County is entitled to a free library card.
If you live in a different county, but work or visit our library, just bring your library card from your home library plus the following identification and you can obtain our card for free.
For adults (16 and older):
- 2 forms of I.D. are required, including one with a current address and photo I.D.
Children (5 to 15 years):
- Must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- This adult must have 2 forms of I.D. including one with a current address and photo I.D.
- This adult must also sign the registration card in addition to the child, and must be responsible for any overdue, lost, or damaged materials.
If you are a college student or a temporary resident, you must provide a local address and a home address.
To register for a digital card that grants access to our eBooks and eAudio collection only:
- Visit this page and click the “register now” link.
- You will need to enter your name, birthdate, mailing address, and a unique email address.
- The digital library card is only available to Pennsylvania residents over the age of 13 who do not already have a WLN library card.
Click here for the full circulation policies that apply to our main library, the Greensburg Hempfield Area Library, and our branch, the Youngwood Area Public Library.
For lost library cards, a replacement fee will be charged.
Click here for the library policies.